At WNA we see our school as part of the community and so we want to acknowledge the very important role parents play in educating children.
All parents have a wealth of knowledge and experience that is particularly relevant to children in their neighbourhood; we want to harness this knowledge by involving parents, volunteers and students in the fabric of the school, so we can all learn from each other.
Volunteers are an integral and important part of the staff team and provide many opportunities. Opportunities include:
- In the classroom, reading to children
- In the office, filing, data entry, answering phone calls
- On trips to the woods and in the community, helping with crossing roads etc
- At lunch time, sharing a meal and supervising children
- After and before school, supporting wrap around care
- As a governor, contributing to the strategic direction of WNA
- As a Friend of West Newcastle Academy
- Supporting conservation work in the Nature Park
If you think you could help, whether regularly or just now-and-again, and for more information on our volunteer policies and agreements, please contact the office via email wna‑email@example.com